Women’s National Team Opens Friendship Series With 16-2 Win Over Canada
The Stars and Stripes scored in six of the seven innings
July 29, 2022
Box Score | PxP | Cumulative Stats
THUNDER BAY, Ontario – The United States Women’s National Team opened up its friendship series with Canada on Thursday in dominant fashion with a 16-2 victory at Baseball Central in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
The Stars and Stripes scored runs in six of the seven innings, including a combined 11 in the last three. The U.S. outhit Canada, 16-6, and kept its opponent scoreless through the first five innings of the contest.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The U.S. took an early lead in the first inning with a run. After Kylee Lahners reached on a two-base error and Malaika Underwood took first on a hit-by-pitch, Kelsie Whitmore delivered with a base hit to center field to drive in Lahners.
- Alex Hugo doubled the U.S. lead in the second at 2-0, sending Ashton Lansdell home from second after she led off the inning with a double down the left field line.
- The Stars and Stripes added three more runs in the third to take a 5-0 lead on a Kelsie Whitmore two-run triple to left center and RBI fielder’s choice by Ashton Landsell.
- In the fifth inning, Kelsie Whitmore led off with a home run to left field to make it 6-0, and then after Jade Gortarez tallied a base hit, she scored on Ashton Landsell’s triple to center field to make it 7-0.
- The U.S. managed to make it 12-0 in the sixth with five runs on as many hits via a Jamie Baum 2-RBI single to left center with runners in scoring position, an Ashton Lansdell two-run triple to right center, and an Anna Kimbrell run-scoring to center field.
- In the bottom of the sixth Canada avoided the shutout, scoring a pair of runs on a defensive miscue with the bases loaded.
- The red, white, and blue didn’t let up heading into the final inning, as it plated four more runs on three hits to make it 16-2. With the bases loaded on two outs, Alexia Jorge and Olivia Pichardo strung together back-to-back hits to drive in two runs each.
- Kelsie Whitmore showed out at the plate and on the bump. She went 3-for-3 with four runs batted in and dealt 4.2 innings of shutout ball as she allowed just five hits and did not issue a walk.
- Ashton Lansdell also had a stellar outing offensively as she went 4-for-5, including two triples, with four RBIs and three runs scored.
- Ten different players tallied a base hit while seven recorded a run batted in.
- Jamie Baum tossed 1.1 innings out of the pen, surrendering one earned run while fanning two batters, while Meggie Meidlinger closed out the game by retiring Canada in order in the seventh.
- The teams will meet on Friday, July 29, for game two of the series. First pitch is set for 7:30 p.m. ET at Baseball Central in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
- Stay tuned to @USABaseballWNT on Twitter for the most up-to-date news about the 2022 Women’s National Team.
USA Baseball Announces 2022 Women’s National Team Roster
The 20-woman roster will play a five-game friendship series with Canada July 28-August 1
July 24, 2022
ST. PAUL, Minn. – USA Baseball today announced the final 20-woman roster for the 2022 Women’s National Team, which will compete in a five-game friendship series with Canada at Baseball Central in Thunder Bay, Ontario, July 28-August 1. “We are thrilled with the depth of knowledge, experience, talent, and passion
Stripes Salvage Series With 5-3 Extra-Inning Thriller Over Stars
Stripes hold off late surge from Stars to secure win
July 24, 2022
Box Score | PxP | Cumulative Stats MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – The Stars vs. Stripes Women’s National Team Training Camp series concluded on Sunday morning at Target Field, home of the Minnesota Twins, as the Stripes salvaged the series with a 5-3 extra-inning victory. The Stripes scored two runs in the
Stars Clinch Women’s National Team Training Camp Series With 15-4 Victory Over Stripes
The Stars scored 10 unanswered runs en route to the victory
July 23, 2022
Box Score | PxP | Cumulative Stats ST. PAUL, Minn. – The Stars used 12 hits across the first five innings to secure a 15-4 victory over the Stripes on Saturday morning in the second game of the Women’s National Team Training Camp series at the Neiman Sports Complex in
Stars Win Game One Of Women’s National Training Camp Series, 9-2
Jamie Baum went 3-for-4 at the plate with four RBIs
July 23, 2022
Box Score | PxP | Cumulative Stats ST. PAUL, Minn – The Women’s National Team Training Camp opened its Stars vs. Stripes series on Friday, with the Stars taking game one of the series 9-2. Despite the Stripes striking first, the Stars managed to score eight unanswered runs across the
USA Baseball Announces 2022 Women’s National Team Training Camp Roster
July 20, 2022
St. Paul, Minn. – USA Baseball today announced its roster for the 2022 Women’s National Team Training Camp, following the conclusion of the 2022 Women’s National Open, the primary identification event for the Women’s National Team. The roster is made up of 40 women from 21 different states across the
The Women’s National Open – An Opportunity For Growth In Baseball
The future of baseball is female
July 19, 2022
The future of baseball – it’s female. The popularity of baseball among females is vastly growing, and USA Baseball’s Women’s National Open is helping to prove that point, as it is providing a unique opportunity for girls and women from around the country to gather this week and compete for
USA Baseball Reveals 2022 Women’s National Open Roster
The event will serve as the primary identification process for the Women’s National Team
July 15, 2022
CARY, N.C. – USA Baseball today revealed its roster for the 2022 Women’s National Open. The roster, which consists of 58 players from around the country, will be split into four teams – Braves, Eagles, Patriots, and Stars – and each team will play three games from July 18-20 at
Paul Seiler Reelected to WBSC Executive Board
Seiler’s third consecutive term to last through 2025
July 6, 2022
TAIPEI CITY, Taiwan –The World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC) announced Monday that USA Baseball Executive Director/CEO Paul Seiler was reelected to its Executive Board for a third term through 2025. His reappointment came during the IV WBSC Congress in Taipei City, Taiwan. Seiler was first elected as a member-at-large in
Schedule Announced for Women’s National Team’s Friendship Series With Canada
The teams will play a five-game friendship series July 28-August 1
June 20, 2022
OTTAWA – Baseball Canada and the Thunder Bay International Baseball Association (TBIBA) have announced the schedule for the five-game, Canada vs. USA Women’s Baseball Friendship Series that is set to take place in Thunder Bay, Ontario, July 28 – August 1. All games will be played at Baseball Central in
USA Baseball Names 2022 Women’s National Team Staff
2019 Rod Dedeaux Coach of the Year Veronica Alvarez returns to guide Team USA in an international friendship series against Canada July 28-August 1
May 26, 2022
CARY, N.C. – USA Baseball today named the coaching staff for the 2022 Women’s National Team, highlighted by the return of 2019 Rod Dedeaux Coach of the Year and five-time Team USA player Veronica Alvarez as manager. The remaining members of the 2019 staff are also set to return in
Canada and USA to Participate in Women’s Baseball Friendship Series
The five-game series is set to take place from July 28-August 1 in Thunder Bay, Ontario
May 9, 2022
The following release is sent jointly with Baseball Canada.
Nine-Time Team USA Alum Anna Kimbrell to Play at 2022 Australian Women’s Baseball Showcase
April 29, 2022
Seven international stars will join Australia’s top talent at the 2022 Australian Women’s Baseball Showcase in Geelong next month. Three players from Canada and Japan along with one from the US will be drafted onto the three Showcase rosters under an initiative supported by the World Baseball Softball Confederation and
USA Baseball Board of Directors Expansion Welcomes Three Additional Former Athletes
ESPN analyst and Women’s National Team alum Jenny Dalton-Hill, Professional National Team alum Jacob May, and Olympic gold medalist Ernie Young join the board in 2022
January 10, 2022
CARY, N.C. – USA Baseball today announced the expansion of its Board of Directors with the addition of three former athletes, including Women’s National Team alum and ESPN analyst Jenny Dalton-Hill, Professional National Team alum Jacob May, and nine-time national team coach and Olympic gold medalist Ernie Young. Dalton-Hill and
Stripes Clinch WNTDP Series With Two-Hit Shutout of Stars
Kelsie Whitmore tossed four scoreless and hitless innings in start for Stripes
October 14, 2021
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 R H E STRIPES 0 2 0 1 0 0 1 4 6 4 STARS 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 3 Win: K. Whitmore Loss: N. Ryan Save: J. Albayati Box Score | Play-by-Play | Cumulative Stats COCOA, Fla. – Behind a stellar start from
GAMEDAY: Stars and Stripes Set to Face Off in WNTDP Finale
Game four of the Stars vs. Stripes series is set for a 12:15 pm ET first pitch
October 14, 2021
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 R H E STRIPES STARS Live Stats COCOA, Fla. – The 2021 Women’s National Team Development Program (NTDP) wraps up on Thursday with
Stars Claim First Victory in Game Three of WNTDP Series
The Stars rallied twice in the contest to complete the 6-3 comeback win
October 13, 2021
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 R H E STARS 0 0 0 1 4 0 1 6 9 1 STRIPES 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 3 6 4 Win: D. Dunham Loss: M. Sementelli Save: M. Meidlinger Box Score | Play-by-Play | Cumulative Stats COCOA, Fla. – The Stars rallied from
GAMEDAY: Stripes Look to Clinch WNTDP Series on Wednesday
Game three of the series is set for 4 pm EDT at the Launch Pad Sports Complex
October 13, 2021
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 R H E STARS STRIPES Live Stats COCOA, Fla. – Game three of the 2021 Women’s National Team Development Program (NTDP) is set
Stripes Use Early Offense to Secure 6-1 Victory Over Stars
Four Stripes pitchers combined to allow just two hits and one run in the win
October 12, 2021
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 R H E STRIPES 2 2 0 0 0 2 0 6 6 0 STARS 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 2 1 Win: K. Whitmore Loss: P. Coria Save: None Box Score | Play-by-Play | Cumulative Stats COCOA, Fla. – The Stripes offense put up
Hugo Walk-Off Homer Caps Big Win for Stripes at WNTDP
The Stripes took down the Stars 10-9 in the first of the four-game series
October 12, 2021
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 R H E STARS 0 3 1 3 0 2 0 9 14 2 STRIPES 3 2 1 2 1 0 1 10 12 2 Win: O. Pichardo Loss: M. Meidlinger Save: None Box Score | Play-by-Play | Cumulative Stats COCOA, Fla. – Alex Hugo (Olathe,